Trading Terms and Conditions
Heatherly Design Bedheads
ABN 69 079 137 518
1.Terms of Payment
- Written confirmation with a 50% deposit is required to secure the order and commence production.
- Final payment is required prior to collection or delivery.
- Heatherly Design provide a central cut out as standard in bedheads wider than the existing mattress. This cut out is in behind the mattress and allows power leads to be fed through to either side of the bed.
If this cut out is not required, we require this variation in writing at the time of the order.
- When designing a Heatherly bed, we require the mattress depth within two weeks of your deposit. If we do not receive a mattress depth, Heatherly Design will work on a standard depth in the industry.
- Where a standalone bedhead is made to the floor, unless otherwise notified of skirting board depth and height no cut out allowance will be provided.
- Where providing measurements for a valance drop, Heatherly Design deduct 10mm off the drop measurement to ensure the valance sits just above the floor. Any measurements that are provided incorrectly and need adjusting on installation will incur a fee in doing so.
- Our standard upholstered bedhead height is 1200, (Rupert and Armelle 1100). For designs with a finished height higher than this, we provide L shaped metal legs to achieve the additional height required. These legs allow for a skirting board depth of 25mm to ensure bedheads sit flush on the wall.
For deeper skirting boards, a special leg can be designed pending confirmation of depth and height of skirting board at an additional fee.
For all other bedheads/beds starting from the floor, a skirting board cut out is not provided unless requested in writing prior.
- Heatherly Design reserves the right without notice to modify the design and construction of each product within our range.
4.Fabrics and leather
- Dependent on chosen velvet, bedhead design and size, some fabrics may need to run vertically, and seams will be noticeable. Where ever possible, Heatherly Design will try to avoid this, but this is at the discretion of Heatherly Design.
- Heatherly Design is not responsible for any dye lot variations in fabrics and buyers not liking the fabric choice once delivery has occurred.
- If there is a delay in fabric from the supplier, Heatherly Design will contact the buyer and advise the new delivery timeframe. At this point, the buyer can reselect the fabric or accept further delay.
- Heatherly Design specify full aniline leathers which are dyed throughout with only a light coating of wax over the surface which gives a very raw natural look and handle but is less robust and will absorb stains more readily than leathers with pigments added to the surface. Blemishes (i.e. scars) are a natural characteristic of a full aniline leather.
- Shading can occur with some velvets where areas of the pile appear lighter or darker in shade. This can easily be mistaken for uneven dyeing but is in fact an inherent characteristic of the velvet.
- Variations will occur in natural products such as timber and leather. No guarantee can be given to exactly replicate the natural features of products displayed in our showroom or on line.
– Care instructions for chosen fabric can be found on the back of each bedhead.
Heatherly Design recommends the following product care to maintain your furniture to its optimum level:
– Regular vacuuming with soft brush attachments.
– Protection from direct sunlight for long periods of time
– Professional steam cleaning
– Leather products can be treated with conditioners and cleaners, ensuring strict accordance with cleaning manufacturer’s instructions.
– A small movement of the timber is expected as it adapts to the conditions of your home, due to variations in humidity.
- A five year structural warranty applies to workmanship only from date of purchase. This excludes damage caused by accident, misuse or neglect and does not extend to leather and fabric or normal wear and tear.
- Heatherly Design will not be held responsible for any damage caused by negligence, improper storage or damage by a third party.
- Warranty does not cover fabric or natural variations occurring in wood and leather.
- For a warranty query, a Heatherly Design representative will conduct an inspection of any item questioned within the warranty period. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
- Delivery and installation fees will depend on where your order is being delivered, the size of the package and the weight. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the correct delivery address and contact number are provided and to inform Heatherly Design of any issues, difficulties or specific requirements associated with access for delivery.
- Delivery times will be arranged with you once goods are ready for despatch. The freight charge covers a single delivery at ground level during normal weekday delivery hours unless specified otherwise. Prior to delivery please provide us with full written details of any difficult to access e.g. stairs, delivery, dock, lift etc. We reserve the right to charge additional costs for unusual access not advised in writing.
- Whilst Heatherly Design do everything to ensure delivery during the nominated time frame, we cannot guarantee this with outside courier services. Variables with freight that we cannot control may result in the timeframe being missed. If there is a delay, we will attempt to contact you to make alternative arrangements.
- Heatherly Design are not permitted to provide courier’s details to clients to contact them directly.
- If the goods are ready by the original requested date and the buyer is not ready to receive the goods, storage fees of $55.00 per week will apply. This fee is the minimal fee for storage and is dependant on number of pieces.
- Heatherly Design and our nominated couriers are not responsible for fixing bedheads to the wall.
- No returns will be accepted on customised items.
- All cancellations shall result in a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cancelled order.